Current:Home > StocksIndexbit-Kristin Cavallari explains split from 24-year-old boyfriend: 'One day he will thank me' -FutureFinance
Indexbit-Kristin Cavallari explains split from 24-year-old boyfriend: 'One day he will thank me'
Charles H. Sloan View
Date:2025-04-07 03:05:59
Kristin Cavallari is Indexbitready to talk about her breakup.
The Uncommon James founder, 37, opened up about her recent split from Mark Estes, 24, on Tuesday's episode of her "Let's Be Honest" podcast. Cavallari shared that she broke up with Estes because she realized "long term, it's not right," and she "started to feel" their 13-year age gap and differences in life experience.
While Cavallari said Estes has been the "best boyfriend I've ever had," she felt that "he needs to experience life."
"I look back (at) when I was 24 and how much life has happened for me in between then, and I mean, those are crucial years. Those are formative years. This is when you find yourself. And he needs to be able to do that."
Cavallari clarified this wasn't entirely a recent revelation, as she has "always been well aware" of their age gap. But she told listeners she looks at this romance as "probably the best relationship of my life" and is certain that Estes will "make someone so happy one day" and "have a beautiful family of his own."
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Kristin Cavallarislams critics of her dating 24-year-old: 'They’re all up in arms'
"I know that one day, he will look back and he will understand it, and I actually think one day he will thank me," she said. "That's just hindsight that you don't have at age 24."
Cavallari first revealed her relationship with Estes earlier this year, when the two went Instagram official. "He makes me happy," she wrote at the time. The news sparked immediate criticism of their 13-year age gap, but Cavallari fired back with a TikTok video in which she mouthed the words, "So what are you gonna do about it?" She captioned the clip, "When they’re all up in arms that im dating a 24 year old. Andddd?"
Kristin Cavallari,Mark Estes and the sexist relationship age gap discourse
The "Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County" star recently revealed news of her breakup during an appearance with "Call Her Daddy" host Alex Cooper, sharing that the split was "so fresh."
On Tuesday's podcast, Cavallari stressed the split wasn't because "something bad happened" between them, and she described these kinds of breakups as the hardest to deal with. "It's almost easier if the guy does something that makes you hate him," she said, whereas Estes has been "nothing but so sweet and so supportive."
Noting that the timing was "off" for them, she said Estes would be "perfect" for her if he were "45 and had two of his own kids."
But looking back on the situation, Cavallari said she has no regrets about any of it, including her decisions to go public with the relationship and introduce Estes to her children. She also expressed optimism that they will remain friends. For now, Cavallari has "no interest in getting back into the dating world."
The "Very Cavallari" star was previously married to quarterback Jay Cutler, with whom she shares three children. On her podcast in June, she shared that stress from being in an unhappy marriage caused her to become "very thin."
"I was skin and bones," she said. "I think I look so much better now. And you guys, that was just stress. That was being in a really unhappy marriage, quite honestly. I mean, literally. I was so unhappy."
Contributing: Jay Stahl
veryGood! (5)
Related
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Agriculture officials confirm 25th case of cattle anthrax in North Dakota this year
- Horoscopes Today, December 1, 2023
- Endless shrimp and other indicators
- Friday the 13th luck? 13 past Mega Millions jackpot wins in December. See top 10 lottery prizes
- The Essentials: Dove Cameron gets vulnerable on 'Alchemical.' Here are her writing musts
- EPA aims to slash the oil industry's climate-warming methane pollution
- Madagascar’s top court ratifies president’s reelection in vote boycotted by opposition
- Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
- Florida State football quarterback Tate Rodemaker's status in doubt for ACC championship
Ranking
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- Amanda Knox Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 2 With Husband Christopher Robinson
- EPA aims to slash the oil industry's climate-warming methane pollution
- Where to watch 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': 'Peanuts' movie only on streaming this year
- Krispy Kreme offers a free dozen Grinch green doughnuts: When to get the deal
- 70-year-old Ugandan woman gives birth to twins after fertility treatment
- California officers work to crack down on organized retail crime during holiday shopping season
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song's Sons Make First Public Appearance at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
Recommendation
Who are the most valuable sports franchises? Forbes releases new list of top 50 teams
Cyprus and Chevron reach a deal to develop an offshore natural gas field, ending years of delays
Macaulay Culkin receives star on the Walk of Fame with support of Brenda Song, their 2 sons
Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song's Sons Make First Public Appearance at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
Man can't find second winning lottery ticket, sues over $394 million jackpot, lawsuit says
With ‘shuttle diplomacy,’ step by step, Kissinger chased the possible in the Mideast
Sandra Day O'Connor showed sense of humor during interaction with ex-Commanders RB
Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth battle in 'Mad Max' prequel 'Furiosa' trailer: Watch